User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC March 2024 meeting o... Hughes and Peter Richmond (News:1)
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 talks (News:4)
- February 2024 News Summary (News:1)
- Next developer fireside chat (News:)
- DDE31d released (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 Report (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 in pictures (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
Acorn Arcade forums: General: What measure is RISC OS news?

What measure is RISC OS news?
  This is a long thread. Click here to view the threaded list.

Chris Williams Message #114383, posted by diodesign at 11:25, 9/5/2010, in reply to message #114375
diodesign
The Opposition

(snip more unpleasantness)
Hey, look, I'm pretty sure I not being unpleasant and I don't need to calm down smile I reckon you didn't expect to be told so plainly why you've got little ground for complaint. We also explained how editors generally work. I can't see where I've been unpleasant.

Think nice thoughts about fluffy sheep and sleeping kittens, and let's have a mature and adult discussion without resorting to personal belittlement.
OK, that's it. I've been trolled. This is pointless.
  ^

Jason Togneri Message #114384, posted by filecore at 12:40, 9/5/2010, in reply to message #114382

You don't see the irony, do you?
...What?
You seem to be the only one who doesn't see it. Try re-reading the thread again.
  ^

Martin Bazley Message #114385, posted by swirlythingy at 15:00, 9/5/2010, in reply to message #114384

You seem to be the only one who doesn't see it. Try re-reading the thread again.
If I read your post correctly, your points are twofold:

(1) Posting is made to wiki site, and is rejected.

(2) Posting is made to public forum, and is replied to.

You appear to be assuring me that there is some form of irony connecting the two, in which case, no, I don't see it.

If you're trying to make the same point as Peter made earlier, I think he expressed it better.
  ^

Martin Bazley Message #114386, posted by swirlythingy at 15:10, 9/5/2010, in reply to message #114383

Hey, look, I'm pretty sure I not being unpleasant and I don't need to calm down smile I reckon you didn't expect to be told so plainly why you've got little ground for complaint. We also explained how editors generally work.
Well, I suppose I could try to rephrase my point about how riscos.info is a wiki*, not a news site, once again, but I agree. This is pointless. Let's just agree to differ and leave it at that.

*The page in question stating quite clearly, as I have, that "users use their editorial rights to remove material that is considered 'off topic'" - although, as the great website itself will tell you, this doesn't always go according to plan.
  ^

Jason Togneri Message #114387, posted by filecore at 18:14, 9/5/2010, in reply to message #114385

(1) Posting is made to wiki site, and is rejected.

(2) Posting is made to public forum, and is replied to.

You appear to be assuring me that there is some form of irony connecting the two, in which case, no, I don't see it.
Hint: your reaction to both events.
  ^

Trevor Johnson Message #114388, posted by trevj at 18:21, 9/5/2010, in reply to message #114386
Despite all of this, I hope it won't discourage you too much from posting other newsworthy items in the future. After all, the site says "...Anyway, if you have news, by all means add it." I found the New Scientist article of interest, although the majority may not.

If it helps in any way, I've got a feeling that the deleted item Peter referred to might have been mine. Also, when I recently learnt of a contest to win a Touch Book, I considered posting it on riscos.info and decided it could be considered spam... in the end I put it on a ROOL forum instead (and actually mis-filed it there as you can see) because it has slightly more relevance there IMHO.
  ^

Pages (2): |< < 2

Acorn Arcade forums: General: What measure is RISC OS news?